Sign-up to compete in the Global Zero Cut Nukes Petition Challenge as an individual or as a school and you could win great prizes like stickers, shirts, sunglasses and plenty of love and kudos from us! If your school participates, one lucky student could win an all-expense paid trip to a Global Zero event!
What’s it All About?
Politicians around the world are asking citizens to tighten their belts and are threatening to cut services like education, health care, jobs and research for green energy. Meanwhile governments insist on keeping useless and dangerous nuclear arsenals at a cost of over $1 TRILLION in the next ten years.
If you’re a regular blog reader you know that we’re collecting 100,000 petition signatures asking world leaders to cut nukes, which we’ll deliver to leaders at the G20 in France this November. But, we need your help to get there.
Join the Cut Nukes Petition Challenge now!
Here’s How to Participate
1. Go to the Global Zero Facebook page to register for a personalized petition link that will track how many signatures you collect.
2. Include your school name to play as a school.
3. Send your personal link to friends, family and school community to collect as many signatures as you can.
4. Keep track of the competition on the leaderboard on our Facebook page.
Hints for Getting Started
Here are some hints for sharing your personalized cut nukes petition link and collecting signatures:
* Email your friends, family and colleagues to ask them to sign
* Use Facebook and Twitter to share your petition link
* Ask newspapers and radio stations in your community to spread the word
* Go old school and set up a table in well populated areas and collect signatures the old fashioned way. Giving away cookies helps!
In this Cut Nukes toolkit you’ll find everything you’ll need to spread the word about the $1 trillion per decade cost of nuclear weapons and the importance of cutting nukes and not our most essential services.
Get your personalized petition URL and start competing!